Partnerships in Missions Around the World
Mission Partnerships are in the Following Countries:
- Ethiopia - Support to African AIDS Initiative International that provides volunteer counseling and testing for college students and people in the marketplace; conducts HIV/AIDS prevention education, care, and support; and provides care and capacity building to help commercial sex workers find safe and secure alternatives for their livelihoods.
- Ghana - Support for five students preparing for pastoral ministry at the Ghana Baptist Theological Seminary to help provide for stronger church leadership in West Africa
- Kenya - Support for Lott Carey Baptist Ministries that has 32 churches, a coffee farm, poultry projects, and periodic distribution of anti-malaria medication toward the end of evangelism, human development, and medical relief and community development
- Liberia - Support for the Lott Carey Baptist Mission School that has more than 1,100 hundred students enrolled K – 12 on two campuses (Brewerville and Bopolu) including many former child soldiers from Liberia’s recent civil wars
- Mozambique - Support for agricultural projects through the Convenção Baptista de Moçambique (Baptist Convention of Mozambique) providing more than 400 families devastated by the catastrophic floods of 2000 – 2001 with cattle, goats, pigs, turkeys, ducks, and chickens
- Nigeria - Support of more than 50 churches and four schools in Southern and Southeastern Nigeria through the Lott Carey Baptist Churches to carry out evangelism, pastoral preparation and ministry, and education in communities that would otherwise have no schools
- Somalia - Support for victims of the December 26, 2004 tsunami in East Africa to help families restore their livelihoods through fishing and farming, rebuilding latrines, digging wells, and funding trauma counseling through partnerships with the All Africa Conference of Churches, the Fellowship of Christian Councils and Churches in the Great Lakes and Horn of Africa, and UNA, a collaboration of Italian non-government relief and development organizations
- South Africa - Support for the Baptist Convention of South Africa, is a fellowship of 187 churches in 9 provinces throughout South Africa. BCSA provides leadership training, theological education, church planting and HIV/AIDS initiatives.
- Cape Town, South Africa - Support to Teen Challenge/Western Cape and Home of Hope which provide residential rehabilitation programs for young people seeking to escape drug life, gang life, and prostitution. Additionally, they provide prevention programs in grade schools, middle schools, and high schools to help young people develop the resiliency to avoid gangs, drugs, and prostitution.
- Sudan - Lott Carey Baptist Ministries in Kenya has developed a self-supporting economic project through a coffee farm that allows them to provide support for their own missionary pastor that has planted and is serving a church in the southeastern town of Boma
- Uganda - Support through Action for Empowerment for a ministry to families and children impacted by the HIV/AIDS epidemic that provides sponsorship to more than 1200 orphans, skills training for women, counseling and treatment in underserved areas, and prevention education for communities and uniform personnel
- Zambia - Action for Empowerment, Lott Carey’s partner in Uganda, has been so effective in its HIV/AIDS prevention education effort through training, drama, and music, they have expanded their reach to communities in Zambia bringing accurate information to help people avoid infection
- Zimbabwe - Support for church leadership development through primary sponsorship of the Zimbabwe Theological Seminary prepares men and women for Christian leadership in the church and the world
- New Delhi, India - Support for churches both in an urban community as well as in colonies were people with leprosy live, health care for people with leprosy and the indigent, and education for 8,500 children through a network of Lott Carey Baptist Mission operated Somerville Schools. See Somerville School-Vasundhara Enclave, Somerville School-Noida, Somerville School-Greater Noida, and Somerville International School-Greater Noida.
- Bangalore, India - Support of Meenakshi Charitable Trust that works to empower the poor, women, and children in the state of Karnataka in Southern India through social education, community organization, health and sanitation, skills training and employment generation, and housing
- Grenada - Support through the Grenada Baptist Association to build three houses for three families whose residences were destroyed in hurricanes during 2004 in the Caribbean.
- Haiti - Support for 28 churches of the Union Strategique des Eglises Baptistes d’Haiti (Strategic Union of Baptist Churches in Haiti) many of whom seek to operate elementary and/or secondary schools for hundreds of children who otherwise would never have opportunities to attend school with additional grant support for micro-enterprise loans
- Jamaica - Support for educational programs through Trinity Evangelical Ministries designed for skills training and capacity building to help young adults achieve greater employability options, and preschool education and nutritional program for underserved children and families
- Italy - Support for ministry assistance through Unione Christiana Evangelica Battista D’Italia (Baptist Evangelical Christian Union of Italy) to immigrant churches in Italy, and collaboration around church leadership development for African immigrant churches.
- Turkey - Support to the International Blue Crescent (IBC) Humanitarian Relief and Development Foundation, a Turkish NGO, to support feeding and other basic nutritional needs for more than 200 mentally challenged children in the Izmit region who suffered from mental challenges resulting from the devastating earthquakes
- Canada - Collaboration around short-term missions assignments for young adults to support urban ministry projects of Canadian Baptist Ministries
- Unites States of America - Support for programs and services that benefit homeless individuals and families in the cities where Lott Carey holds its Annual Session, and disaster preparedness, response, and recovery ministries
- Australia - Support for Australian Aboriginal leadership development for the church and the community through the National Indigenous Training Association that includes working to empower women, strengthen the Christian witness to men, and articulating an Aboriginal theology out of indigenous contexts
- Guyana - Support through the Guyana Missionary Baptist Church – Lott Carey for six congregations, the Somerville Youth Camp, the Lonnie A. Simon Retreat Center, the A. Carlyle Miller Cottage Hospital and Health Center, a farming project, and food distribution centers